Your Health Information Privacy
The privacy of your health information is important to us. All staff, including administrative staff, respect your privacy and keep your health information confidential at all times. Your medical record is a confidential document and as such it is the policy of this practice to maintain the security of your personal health information at all times.
From time to time your personal health information may be collected, used and disclosed for the following reasons:
- For communicating relevant information with other treating doctors and clinical staff within our practice, and on referral to specialists or allied health professionals
- For notifying you about health services that may be due or which require follow-up with your GP
- For inclusion on National and State Registers (eg. Immunisation data, Pap reminders)
- For Medicare purposes
- Disease notification, as required by law
- For legal disclosure as required by a court of law
- For research purposes (your information will always be de-identified)
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal health information, please speak with your GP or our Practice Manager.